View My Stats

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Message from judicial candidate Peter Sakai
























For Immediate Release
Contact: Alice Guerra at 732-8111
Peter Sakai­ at 379-4283

I consider Judge John Specia to be a friend and mentor. The renowned Bexar County Children¹s Court would not be the facility that it is now without his vision and leadership.

It is my goal to ensure that his vision is carried on, and that the system continues to improve in the way that it has under his guidance.

I am very fortunate to have a friend like Judge John Specia attend an event thrown for me by some very dedicated child advocates. He was the personal guest of hosts Erin and Brent Barry, who have been very active inthe Children¹s Court, with Erin serving as Honorary Chair of the Blue Ribbon Committee to Prevent Child Abuse that was put together by another child advocate leader, Representative Carlos Uresti.

I asked Judge Specia to address the crowd. In my introduction I made a very clear statement that Judges are not allowed to endorse political candidates.

Judge Specia spoke about the issues of child abuse and neglect. He made no statements of endorsement on my behalf, nor did he say anything that would put him in violation the code of judicial ethics.

The issues of child abuse and neglect are not partisan political issues and will not be solved by partisan political politics.

This sentiment was shared by the many registered Republicans and Democrats who attended the event that night. I truly appreciate the overwhelming show of support I received that evening, and that I continue to receive from Republican women voters.

I invite them and their families to join the Sakai Sisterhood and help me continue the work that Judge Specia started.

Lastly, I was not asked to issue this statement.



No comments: